- Pleasant Street Just Listed Properties for Sale
- Pleasant Street Single Family Residential Properties for Sale
- Pleasant Street Condos for Sale
- Pleasant Street Townhomes for Sale
- Pleasant Street Multi-Family Properties for Sale
- Pleasant Street Land for Sale
- Pleasant Street New Construction
- Pleasant Street Historical Homes for Sale
- Pleasant Street Homes with a Pool for Sale
- Pleasant Street Foreclosure Properties for Sale
No current listings, please check back later.
Pleasant Street Properties for Sale
Welcome to Pleasant Street!
We’d love to show you around. Located just north of Downtown Gainesville FL, Pleasant Street has a rich history and a promising future. It’s far enough from UF to have its own thing going on, but close enough to attract a mix of students and young professionals.
Pleasant Street is a youngish neighborhood (the median age is 24), and one of the most diverse in the city. A landmark of the neighborhood is Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church, a regal red brick church that has long been an anchor of the African American community. During the civil rights era, the Chestnut Funeral Home played host to civil rights organizers. The neighborhood is also home to Santa Fe College’s growing downtown campus.
Pleasant Street has a neighborly vibe. Known for its tree-lined streets and wraparound porches complete with rocking chairs, recent years have seen renewed investment in this historic gem northwest of downtown Gainesville. Young families and students are adding to the neighborhood’s diversity and laid back charms. The neighborhood isn’t on everyone’s radar yet, so now is a great time to buy.
North of Pleasant Street, you have Grove Street, an up-and-coming downtown offshoot anchored by Cypress & Grove Brewing Company. To the east is the established Duckpond, with its elegant Victorian homes and gardens and the famed Thomas Center. To the south you have the brand new Innovation District as well as the bars and restaurants around Main Street. All in all, you couldn’t ask for a more centrally located neighborhood than Pleasant Street.
Buying a Home in Pleasant Street
Pleasant Street homes range from small ranchers and Florida vernacular-style cottages, to historic Victorian gingerbread homes. The median sale price for preowned homes in 2022 was in the mid $300k range. New home construction has picked up in recent years, with modestly priced detached single family homes popping up in empty lots throughout Pleasant Street.
The Seagle Building
You might also consider buying a condo in the historic Seagle building. Originally conceived of as a hotel, the fully renovated Seagle building now features five floors of condos with commanding views of the city.
Things to Do in Pleasant Street
Pleasant Street is a walkable neighborhood, with lots of shops within easy reach and new ones popping up all the time. There’s no shortage of things to do in and around Pleasant Street. Here’s our top 5.
Grove Street Farmer’s Market
Grove Street farmer’s market got started during the pandemic and has never looked back. Hosted by Cypress and Grove, featured in our Best Breweries in Gainesville, this awesome little market features some incredible vendors. They have live music and the beer is cold. So do yourself a favor and go check it out on Monday evenings.
This new soul food restaurant a few blocks west of Pleasant Street on NW 5th Avenue makes a mean blackened catfish. Diners also rave about the shrimp and grits. It also supports a great cause: empowering the neighborhood’s young people with pathways to careers in the food industry.
Bragging Rights Amusements
The newest attraction on this list, Bragging Rights is a vintage arcade game lover’s dream. It costs $25 to enter, which unlocks free play access to all the classic games. No tokens or swipe cards necessary; you just walk up to a game you like and start playing. Check out our article on Rainy Day Activities for Kids in Gainesville for more kid-friendly stuff in town.
Vine Sourdough Bakery and Cafe
This welcoming cafe bakes their own sourdough bread on premises. We didn’t include them in our 6 Great Cafes in Gainesville, but we should have! Their low key down home vibe and hardy fare have earned them a loyal clientele.
Thrifting at Flashbacks and Haven
Gainesville’s best thrift for those shoppers looking for deals on lightly used clothes by au courant brands. If you’re looking for unique furniture or enjoy sifting through a wider variety of stuff to find those treasures, be sure to check out Haven, just across NW 4th Street.
Interactive Map Search
Our website features the best Pleasant Street real estate search for homes, condo, land and foreclosure properties available. It is the only site you will ever need! It is easy-to-use and updated by the official REALTOR®’s database every 15 minutes.
You can save searches, and get daily email alerts of new listings, price changes, sold data, and market reports. Our Interactive Map Search allows you to view properties on a map or refine your search by drawing the boundaries around the area you desire.
- Pleasant Street Properties between $250,000 and $300,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $300,000 and $350,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $350,000 and $400,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $400,000 and $450,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $450,000 and $500,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $500,000 and $600,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $600,000 and $700,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $700,000 and $800,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $800,000 and $900,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties between $900,000 and $1,000,000 for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 1 Bedroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 2 Bedroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 3 Bedroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 4 Bedroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 5 Bedroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 6+ Bedrooms for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 1 Bathroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 2 Bathroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 3 Bathroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 4 Bathroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 5 Bathroom for Sale
- Pleasant Street Properties with 6+ Bathrooms for Sale
Curious about what’s happening in the Pleasant Street real estate market? Sign up for a Pleasant Street Real Estate Market Report to see what’s active, under contract, and sold!
At Rabell Realty Group, we believe that each and every home purchase, sale, and lease is unique and deserves a skilled touch. Located in Haile Plantation’s Haile Village Center, we’re a small, local real estate firm focused on providing our customers with consistent and outstanding real estate service.
We’re honored to be recognized as the Best Real Estate Agency in Gainesville in 2022 by the Gainesville Award Program. Each year, the awards go to small businesses that have achieved exceptional success in their local community and business category and are helping make the Gainesville area a great place to live, work, and play.
Considering selling or refinancing your home? Get an INSTANT property valuation now!