It’s no secret that climate change is affecting the extremes in weather, storms are getting stronger and more frequent every year. In order to help Floridians before there’s a disaster, there is a tax-free week from 5/31 to 6/9 during which you can gather all the necessary gear to protect you and your home for storm season.
Items eligible for the tax break from May 31 through June 6 are:
- Reusable ice that costs $10 or less;
- Self-powered light sources, $20 or less;
- Gas or diesel fuel tanks, $25 or less;
- Nonelectric food storage coolers, $30 or less;
- Packs of AA-cell, AAA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt, or 9-volt batteries, $30 or less;
- Self-powered radios, two-way radios, or weather-band radios, $50 or less;
- Tarpaulins or other flexible waterproof sheeting, $50 or less;
- Tie-down kits, $50 or less;
- Portable generators, $750 or less.